How is it May already???!!! It is like I blinked and half of this year has gone by. This has been a joyous month. God has really blessed me with my CI implants. I know that there is a huge debate on CI but for ME it has been a blessing. I thank God every day for them they have enabled me to do much. Surgery is rough but in the end, it was more than worth it.
The biggest thing that happened this month is I got another cochlear ear implant. Surgery was rough but by the time you are reading this, I will be at the audiologist getting the outside part of the implant and then I will be able to hear out of both ears! I haven’t been able to hear out of both ears for most of my adult life so this is huge.
As a treat to making it through surgery without killing or cussing anyone out, I joined The book of the month club. I haven’t read last month’s book yet but I will get to it, I hope, soon. It is already May and time to pick out another book. I Picked SILENCE WE FELL plus I put EXIT WEST and IMPOSSIBLE FORTRESS in my box.
I also got a subscription to Gwynnie Bee. I need to do something to pull myself out of this rut that I find myself in. I figured dressing up would make me feel….better is not the word I am looking for but it is what comes to mind. I feel the way Gretchen Rubin felt at the beginning of her happiness project. Not sad or depressed but rather needing to find a way to be completely happy where I am. I tend to fall prone to the idea that if only I was someplace else then I would be happy but I forget that no matter where I go I will still have anxiety so I need to just deal with. For me, this month is all about getting dressed and looking good.
I listened to S-Town podcast. This has to go down in history s the first podcast that I have ever understood. I was floored by it. I had to go back down and download Serial. There are soooo any good podcasts out there. I am getting better and better with understanding them. Before I had to sit and really focus on it but now I can half listen to it while I clean or while I am doing something else.
One other of my favorite podcast is What Should I Read Next? I am still making my way through the backlog of her podcasts. I got like a year of that podcast to catch up on.
- [2 Apr] Sunday Salon
- [5 Apr] Things I Learned in March 2017
- [7 Apr] Ringworld by Larry Niven ★★★★
- [9 Apr] [posttitle]
- [11 Apr] The Alpha Female's Guide to Men and Marriage by Suzanne Venker
- [12 Apr] Unf*ck Your Habitat by Rachel Hoffman ★★★★★
- [13 Apr] Bookworm Confessions: I Bow Out of Events So I Can Stay Home and Read
- [14 Apr] The Cozy Life: Rediscover the Joy of the Simple Things Through the Danish Concept of Hygge by Pia Edberg ★★★★★
- [18 Apr] I Improved My Runs In Two Months
- [20 Apr] Five books I thought I would hate but didnt
- [23 Apr] Sunday Salon/Post
- [27 Apr] Cochlear Implant Surgery Round Two